Monday, April 18, 2011

My Journey to Italy




BON VOYAGE! I have been accepted into the Florence, Italy study abroad program for Florida State University. I have always been an adventurous person and one of my biggest hobbies is traveling. Throughout my high school years I traveled around most of the West Coast visiting San Francisco, Palm Springs, Hawaii, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego, Monterey, Salt Lake City, Colorado, and so many more places. I made a life changing decision to come to Florida for college leaving my hometown of Westlake Village, California, a small suburb outside of Los Angeles. I have made so many new friends this year through the Social Justice Living and Learning Community and my sorority, Chi Omega. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have been given and in two weeks I am flying to Europe for my first time with two of my newfound sorority sisters. I am taking two courses, Art Architecture and Artistic Vision and Italian Modern Culture over a time period of six weeks. I have never been exposed to a different culture than my own so my older sorority sister, Sarah Paquin, has given me some tips to survive and places I need to see when I am in Italy. I do not know Italian so I will be learning to communicate by other ways than verbally and I will be conquering the cities of Italy with my Chi Omega sisters, Maddy O’Connor and Paige Beles. This will be an experience to remember, and I really have no clue what to expect. I will bring my camera everywhere and continue to document my trip. This English assignment was the perfect opportunity to start a blog on my expectations for my trip. I will continue to remember my travels and continue blogging to share my experiences with my friends and family at home. I am so excited for the amazing food and shopping! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment