Monday, April 18, 2011

Florence


Florence will be my beautiful home for six weeks of this coming summer. I will live in a learning center in the middle of the city with other Florida State Students. I will visit the Duomo, a famous cathedral that I recognize from many pictures. It is about a 460-step travel and only costs about eight Euros. I hope it lives up to all my expectations. I will also need to walk up to the San Miniato, a church that sits on the other side of the Arno. The Arno is a hill that looks over the beautiful city of Florence, which seems like it would be amazing to sit on at nighttime to look at the city skyline. I have a major past time of sitting on big mountains at night to view over the Los Angeles skyline, my home town, so it should be exciting to experience a whole new city. The main road that my FSU study center is located on has some smaller must-see attractions. The Lions Fountain Bar, Ivi Saggi shots cafe, Natalino's Panini shop, Corona's gelato store, and Adams Leather. I am sure I will become a daily customer to many of these local shops. I will need to take a day trip to Cinque Terre; a beach town only one-hour train ride from Florence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment