Monday, April 18, 2011

Rome


Hopefully, I will allow myself to spend a few days touring Rome. The Vatican is one of the smallest sovereign states located within the city of Rome. It is a religious center for the Roman Catholic Church and is the home of the Pope. The cardinals and Pope of the Church meet here. The Sistine Chapel is the big church in this city and somewhere I must visit. I am not a strict religious believer, but it will be interesting to learn the culture and discover the history behind the Catholic faith in this holy city. I will need to make a stop at the famous Ancient ruins and Coliseum, but I am most excited to view the fountains. I will see the Bernini and Borromini fountains at night when they are lit up and I will not miss the Trevi Fountain. I have always been a little superstitious and enjoyed making wishes on everything. At the Trevi Fountain I will throw a coin over my left shoulder into the waterfall of naked men and make a secret wish! Most people wish to return back to Italy, but I cannot tell you what my wish will be or it will never come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment