Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 2 of 42

So today i got up early... still jet laggged! and we went to orientation to learn about all the teachers! Im so excited to take Art History with Nero he seems like he could entertain himself for hours and even me about history...but I am switching out of Modern Italian Culture the teacher just seems like he would never understand my world(oblivous). So my plan is to switch into food and culture hopefully to try all the cuisine or Real estate because I like land. Then we learned we get 5 euro a day to eat so that is 205 euros to eat while I am here at about 7 great restaurants, so we tried a panini shop who made a great panini and i decided I would try a pesto one tomorrow, because I love my mommas panini and I want to see if this one tops it! We then took a tour of the city and learned about the four centers, what hole in the wall really meants, about the main families and a little about the cathedrals I think (I'm more into people watching and the Italian people's clothes). I realize I need a watch fast too! Then I wend to a market and bought some fruit to eat for breakfast and cleaned my room, shocker! We had a dinner tonight, but the Italians stay thin by eating in the opposite order from Americans, never knew this was the secret. First ravioli with mozzarella cheese and oil i think, then a whole platter of meat and plenty of red wine, Salad, then strawberry and fruit gelato, and finished with a shot of espresso. Then we discovered some bar that gives drinks 3 for 10 euro and knows americans and chi o secrets unfortunatley, then continued on to Lion's fountain to bond with some of our brave American Soldiers. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment